HILO (KITV4) - The Hawaii Department of Transportation (HDOT) Airports Divisions is informing the public of nightly runway work at the Hilo International Airport (ITO).
The work being done is rubber removal and restriping of the runway. ITO's runway will be closed on the following days:
- Saturday, November 6 from 12 AM and 5:45 AM
- Friday, November 12 from 12 AM and 5:45 AM
- Saturday, November 13 from 12 AM and 5:45 AM
- Sunday, November 14 from 9 PM until 5:45 AM
- Tuesday, November 16 from 12 AM and 5:45 AM
No passenger, cargo, or medical flights will be affected by the runway maintenance.
Runway 3/21 will be used as an alternate. The Keaukaha community may notice an increase in air traffic noise because of the use of Runway 3/21.
HDOT has scheduled this maintenance activity at night to reduce the potential impact on airport operations.