...FLOOD ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 515 PM HST THIS AFTERNOON FOR THE
ISLAND OF OAHU IN HONOLULU COUNTY...
* WHAT...Flooding caused by excessive rainfall.
* WHERE...The island of Oahu in Honolulu County.
* WHEN...Until 515 PM HST.
* IMPACTS...Minor flooding on roads, poor drainage areas, and in
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...
- At 203 PM HST, radar and automated rain gages indicated that
heavy rain was occurring over the slopes of the Koolau Range.
Rain was falling at a rate of 1 to 2 inches per hour. The
rainfall will affect driving conditions along the H-3
Freeway, Likelike Highway, and Pali Highway. Streams along
the slopes of the Koolaus will also have elevated levels.
- Some locations that will experience flooding include...
Honolulu, Waipio, Waiahole, Waikane, Kahaluu, Ahuimanu, Aiea,
Pearl City, Kaaawa, Halawa, Mililani, Punaluu, Moanalua, Salt
Lake, Kaneohe, Wahiawa, Kalihi, Wheeler Field, Hauula and
Kaneohe Marine Base.
Stay away from streams, drainage ditches and low lying areas prone
Rainfall and runoff will also cause hazardous driving conditions due
to ponding, reduced visibility and poor braking action.
This advisory may need to be extended beyond 515 PM HST if flooding;