After a deadly shooting at Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam, two are dead -- including the gunman -- but the fourth person involved is said to be in stable condition.

The gunman, 22-year-old G. Romero, killed two people and wounded another before killing himself. 

36-year-old survivor is listed in stable condition as of Thursday morning at The Queen's Medical Center.

Pearl Harbor Naval Shipyard Commander Captain Greg Burton released the following statement on Wednesday night following the shooting incident. 

"Shipyard ‘Ohana,

It is with the heaviest heart I write to you tonight. Today we lost two of our shipyard civilians with another seriously injured in a tragic event this afternoon. I know that no words will convey the full measure of sorrow from today’s tragedy. This loss will be felt throughout our shipyard ‘Ohana, greater shipyard & NAVSEA family, submarine force, and the Navy as a whole.

For any who have worked alongside those lost today, please reach out to your chain of command and let them know so that we can facilitate time for you to begin to process this tragedy.

The details available at this time have been included in our released employee statement previously posted on our shipyard Facebook page. Also, know that Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam and Naval Criminal Investigative Services have a full investigation underway. As we learn more details, we will share that information with you.

There are resources available to you as you process today’s events. If you are hurting, there is help readily available. You can always reach out through your supervisor or chain of command. Our local DONCEAP representative, Dayle-Ann Lee-Roche, is available for you and can be reached at (808) 471-3789; 24/7 line is 1-844-DONCEAP (366-2327). Family members and personnel that would like chaplain and counseling services can call (808) 285-7447.

Looking ahead, we will honor the life and legacy of those lost. Even now, as we mourn the loss of members of our ‘Ohana, please take the opportunity to reconnect with each other and to reinforce and strengthen the bonds with each other. We value each one of you deeply and we are here for you.?"


The lockdown at the Pearl Harbor Naval Shipyard was lifted around 4:08 p.m. 


The City and County of Honolulu has confirmed that there is no longer an active threat. 


The shooting took place in the vicinity of Dry Dock 2 and Dry Dock 3 just after 2:30 p.m. on Wednesday after shots were reportedly fired.

Military police are on the scene responding.

Base security and navy investigative services are currently investigating.

The lockdown at Mokulele Elementary, Hickam Elementary and Nimitz Elementary has been lifted according to the Hawaii Department of Education.

Most students were not on campus since Wednesday was an early release day.

Mokulele Elementary finished school at 12:45 p.m., Nimitz Elementary and Hickam Elementary finished school at 1:10 p.m. 

Drivers are being advised to expect heavy traffic on Kamehameha and Nimitz Highway.

Councilmember Kymberly Pine released a statement regarding the reported active shooter situation:

“I am shocked and saddened at the news that multiple people have been hurt in an active shooter situation at Pearl Harbor. This is rattling for our community and my heart goes out to the families of the victims and emergency responders who are on the scene now.”?

This story will be updated as details become available. 

Honolulu's worst mass shooting was just over 20 years ago after a Xerox employee shot and killed seven of his colleagues.