20 Hawaii students to be awarded $5K in scholarships thanks to Hawaii State FCU
Hawaii State Federal Credit Union (Hawaii State FCU) announced Friday it boosted its annual scholarship funding 20 percent over the last year to $100,000.
Now, 20 Hawaii students will be awarded $5,000 scholarships to those attending a fully accredited university college, or trade/vocational school.
The application period for the 2020 Lowell Kalapa Scholarship program is now open through January 31, 2020.
“As the costs of higher education continue to rise, we’re pleased to offer more money this year to support local students pursuing their academic goals,” said Andrew Rosen, president and CEO of Hawaii State FCU.
The scholarship is open to all Hawaii State FCU members and their dependents. Those interested must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Attend a fully accredited university, college or trade/vocational school in the 2020-2021 school year;
- Attend as a full-time student;
- Apply as an undergraduate or graduate degree-seeking student;
- Have a minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA; and
- Demonstrate financial need.
To apply, click here.