13 arrested in 'Reverse Prostitution' operation at a Maui hotel
Over a dozen people were arrested on Maui after a prostitution operation was conducted.
The operation was conducted at a Maui hotel this Monday through Wednesday by Maui Police, members of the Vice Gambling and Morals Unit and Criminal Intelligence Unit officers.
They were targeting "Johns" by setting up a 'Reverse Prostitution' operation -- where a female police officer poses as a prostitute to target those suspected "Johns."
"Victims of Prostitution rings often times have been forced into this modern day slavery through psychological or physical coercion. Sometimes the threat of serious physical harm or even the use of restraints are employed against young and impressionable people," says the Maui Police Department (MPD).
Over the course of the two and half days that the operation was held, 13 men were arrested, and almost $3,000 was recovered.
Those arrested include:
- Michael James Medeiros – Prostitution/$100 bail
- Grant Koga – Prostitution/$100 bail; Promoting a Dangerous Drug III/RPI
- Kurt Hideo Yamamura – Prostitution/RPI
- Kevin Sean Keoni Galiciano – Prostitution/$100 bail
- Myron Daniels – Prostitution/$100 bail
- Bradley S. Forrer – Prostitution/$100 bail
- Ryan Gaoiran – Prostitution/$100 bail
- David Leroy Flood – Prostitution/$100 bail
- Bendel Caesar Sambrano Garcia – Prostitution/$100 bail
- Robert Schmaltz – Prostitution/$100 bail
- Samuel Cachola – Prostitution/$100 bail
- Antone Estrella – Prostitution/$100 bail
- Stacy Otomo – Prostitution/$100 bail
MPD reminds hotel and report employees to report suspicious activity.
"Working together we can help put an end to this kind of criminal activity on Maui shores," said the Department.