HONOLULU - It's the last day to file taxes. Did you finish?

"If you haven't filed -- don't panic. You can file an extension and that will give you an automatic additional six months to file your tax return," said Kathy Pickering of The Tax Institute, H & R Block.

Don't procrastinate. File the proper form for an extension -- that form is called 48/68.

"What you need to remember is that an extension to file is not an extension to pay. So if you owe taxes you're still going to want to make an estimated payment so that you're not continuing to accrue penalties," said Pickering.

Figure out what you believe you are going to owe for 2018, and in this case, it's better to overpay than under-pay.

"Look back to last year and say okay how much total tax did I pay? You look at your paycheck and say how much have I already paid in through withholding. Or do a quick estimate -- H and R block has an estimator, the IRS has an estimator," said Pickering.

Then before October 15th, file your taxes even if you don't know how you're going to pay.

"There's plenty of options, you can work out a payment plan with the IRS, you can pay on a credit card," said Pickering.

If you did file in time, you may be sad, or even angry because you have a check to write.

"It's time to look at your W-4, update it right now so that that impact can be affected for the rest of the year," 

And for those of you that are feeling good after this tax season -- you can invest your return, pay down debt with it -- maybe treat yourself to something nice.