No. 1 UH Men’s Volleyball Hosts No. 3 UC Santa Barbara In Senior Weekend
The Rainbow Warriors (23-0, 6-0 BWC) look to extend their nation-best win streaks of 23-matches and 69-sets.
(Hawaii Athletics) - The No.1–ranked University of Hawai'i men's volleyball team closes out its home schedule with a pair of Big West Conference matches against No. 3 UC Santa Barbara, Friday, April 5 and Saturday, April 6 at the Stan Sheriff Center. The Rainbow Warriors (23-0, 6-0 BWC) look to extend their nation-best win streaks of 23-matches and 69-sets.
Who: No. 1 Hawai'i (23-0, 6-0 BWC) vs. No. 3 UC Santa Barbara (17-5, 4-2 BWC)
When: Friday, April 5 and Saturday, April 6
Time: 7:00 p.m. both nights
Where: Stan Sheriff Center; Honolulu, HI
Television Coverage: Spectrum Sports; Kanoa Leahey (play-by-play), Chris McLachlin (color)
Streaming Video: www.bigwest.tv
Radio Coverage: ESPN Honolulu (92.7FM, 1420AM); Tiff Wells (play-by-play).
Audio Webcast: espn1420am.com
Live Stats: HawaiiAthletics.com
Tickets: Lower – Adult $14-16, Senior Citizen (ages 65+) $10, Student (4-HS) $5; Upper – Adult $14, Senior Citizen $10, Student $5; UH-Manoa students receive admission with validated ID.
Promotions: American Savings Bank is the sponsor of Friday's contest. Friday is "H-Day" and fans are encouraged to wear H-Logo apparel.
- Visit the H-Zone store located at Gate B to take advantage of the H-Day sale.
- 200 American Savings Bank Recyclable Tote Bags will be distributed prior to the match at Gate A.
- Fans can register to participate in the "Tic-Tac-Toe" contest during intermission, for the chance to win a $100 gift card courtesy of American Savings Bank.
- Enter the "Feelin' Lucky?" Drawing Contest for the chance to win an American Savings Bank Goodie Bag (4 winners total).
The University of Hawaii Federal Credit Union is the sponsor of Saturday's "Senior Night" match and fans are encouraged to "wear white for Senior Night."
- All University of Hawai`i Alumni will receive 50% off select adult tickets (maximum of eight). Contact the University of Hawai`i Alumni Office by Friday, April 5 at 4pm to get access to this deal (808) 376-7812 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1,000 men's volleyball team photos, 300 foldable fans, and HI55 Coupons will be distributed prior to the match at Gate A.
- UHFCU will honor the seniors of UH's olympic sports with commemorative paddles during a special "Senior Salute" ceremony at intermission, and will host the men's volleyball "Senior Night" ceremony following the match.
- Enter the "Feelin' Lucky?" Drawing Contest for the chance to win a UHFCU Prize Pack (5 winners total).
- UH (23-0, 6-0 BWC) enters this week's series with win streaks of 23-matches and 69-sets. The Warriors return from a two-week road trip in which they won all six matches.
- Following Saturday's "Senior Night" match, UH will honor four-year seniors — Brett Rosenmeier, Dalton Solbrig, Stijn van Tilburg, and Joe Worsley.
- Rosenmeier, of Virginia Beach, Va., has appeared in 94 career matches with 42 starts at outside hitter. (Career stats: 394 kills, .266 hit%, 46 aces, 272 digs, 78 blocks)
- Solbrig, of Lindenhurst, Ill., has appeared in 75 career matches with 54 starts at middle blocker (Career stats: 289 kills, .491 hit%, 20 aces, 185 blocks)
- van Tilburg, of Amsterdam, Netherlands, has started 106 of 109 career matches. (Career stats: 1,290 kills, .345 hit%, 60 aces, 419 digs, 204 blocks)
- Worsley, of Moraga, Calif., has 64 starts in 110 career matches at setter. (Career stats: 2,381 assists, 140 kills, 45 aces, 404 digs, 97 blocks)
- UC Santa Barbara (17-5, 4-2) is coming off a series sweep of CSUN, winning the opener in straight sets and the rematch in five.
- UH leads the series 48-37 which includes a current-four match win streak.