KITV, an SJL, Lilly Broadcasting owned ABC affiliate in Honolulu, HI seeks a dynamic Director of Sales. Under the direction of the General Manager, the Director of Sales directs the local sales team for KITV, MeTV among other digital channels and online platforms. We are looking for a sales leader with a proven track record of success. The Director of Sales will lead our local Account Executives to exceed goals through: communication and negotiation with local clients and agencies, developing new business, and providing direction, leadership and support to our sales team.
- Lead, coach, and motivate a team of talented Account Executives
- Create and execute strategies to achieve sales goals on KITV, MeTV and assist in the achievement of sales goals on digital platforms.
- Clearly define Account Executive performance expectations and measurement processes to assure Account Executives efforts and attention will lead to achievement of those expectations.
- Exceed the new business development goals by working with each member of the local sales team, creating innovative station campaigns and targeting new categories and client opportunities.
- Ensure the team is trained in all key tools and resources including Wide Orbit, Wide Orbit Media Sales, MATRIX, Kantar Media, and others.
- Direct, with the GM, the weekly sales meetings and sales trainings.
- Recruit, train and motivate Account Executives to achieve revenue goals.
- Develop relationships with our clients and key prospects by being active in the sales process, getting out on sales calls and entertaining clients.
- Assist in accurately forecasting revenue throughout the year and exceed those forecasts.
- Manage inventory and rates, along with the GM, to maximize station revenue and exceed revenue goals.
- Assist the Digital Sales Manager in the management of the sales team to achieve the stations internet and mobile revenue goals.
- Communicate effectively and work with other department managers and the entire station team.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in local broadcast sales and a track record of growing business with existing and new clients and projects on both television and digital platforms.
- Has a history of achieving budgets on multiple platforms.
- Takes full ownership of local budgets and revenue goals and is constantly developing strategies to overachieve them.
- Shows the creativity to develop targeted, client-focused marketing solutions using television, web, mobile and multi-cast.
- Demonstrates the ability to communicate effectively and build strong internal and external relationships.
- Is a skilled negotiator and problem solver.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office products and ideally has experience with Wide Orbit, Wide Orbit Media Sales and MATRIX.
- Has the understanding of how to forecast future revenue, manage inventory and price it effectively.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferred
Interested candidates should email cover letter and resume to email@example.com, or mail to the address listed below:
Attn: President & General Manager
801 S. King Street
Honolulu, HI 96813