HONOLULU - UPDATE 3/13 5:12 P.M.

Honolulu Fire Department investigators have concluded their investigation and have determined that the fire in Makakilo was accidental.  

It was determined that the fire was accidentally caused by an unspecified arc in the refrigerator. 

Fire damages are estimated at $449,000 to the structure and $45,000 to its contents.  No other injuries were reported for this incident. Red Cross is assisting the displaced occupants. 

The residence did not have working smoke detectors and it did not have fire sprinklers. The Honolulu Fire Department say it will continue to advocate for fire sprinklers in buildings. According to HFD, it is the most effective way to protect your property and safeguard lives from a fire.  

--

Four children are being treated for smoke inhalation after an early morning house fire on Sunday, according to the Honolulu Fire Department.

The fire happened around 1 a.m. in Makakilo, and was put out about an hour later.

HFD says one female was in the house, but not injured.

It is also reported that the home did not have working smoke detectors.

The Honolulu Red Cross is helping those displaced.

The fire is under investigation.