How officials react to the fallen Big Island officer
Officer Bronson Kaliloa's death has made an impact on many-hear officials' responses from across the islands.
HONOLULU (KITV) - Officer Bronson Kaliloa's death has made an impact on many. Officials across the islands reacted and released the following statements:
- Maui Police Department
- "On behalf of the Maui Police Department, we will continue support the men and women of the Hawaii Police Department. Once again their Officers have had to react to a heinous and unnecessary act of violence. I’ve contacted Chief Ferreira and offered my condolences as well as any support we can provide to his department during this time," said Maui Chief of Police Tiboli Faaumu.
- Honolulu Police Department
- "The men and women of the Honolulu Police Department extend our deepest condolences and sympathy to the family of Officer Kaliloa and our brothers and sisters in the Hawaii Police Department. We are one family, connected by blood and by profession. The Big Island’s loss is a loss to all of Hawaii," said Police Chief Susan Ballard.
- Kaua'i Police Department
- "Today is a tragic reminder that police officers put their lives on the line every time they put on their uniforms. On behalf of the Kaua'i Police Department, we extend our hearts and prayers to the 'ohana of Officer Bronson K. Kaliloa, and all of our brothers and sisters in blue on Hawai'i Island," said Kaua'i Police Deputy Chief Michael Contrades?.
- Governor David Ige
- "It is with a heavy heart that I extend my sincere condolences to Officer Bronson K. Kaliloa’s family, his loved ones and his colleagues. He was a highly regarded 10-year veteran of the Hawai‘i Police Department who will be greatly missed. As we mourn this tragic loss, let us honor Officer Kaliloa and all men and women in blue for their bravery and commitment to keeping our families and communities safe."
More information the fallen officer here.