What's open and closed on Independence Day
Here's what's open and closed in observance of Independence Day, a federal holiday.
Here's what's open and closed in observance of Independence Day, a federal holiday. All state, city and county offices will be closed.
- Emergency medical, fire, lifeguard, medical examiner, and police services will be available.
- TheBus will operate on a Sunday schedule. For route and schedule information, please visit www.thebus.org.
- Refuse will be collected and transfer stations, convenience centers, H-POWER, and the Waimanalo Gulch Sanitary Landfill will be open.
- Parks, municipal golf courses, botanical gardens, and the Honolulu Zoo will be open.
- The Neal Blaisdell Center box office will be closed.
- The People's Open Markets will not be held.
- All Satellite City Halls and Driver Licensing Centers will be closed.
The following traffic and parking regulations will be in effect:
- On-street parking will be free, except for the meters on Kalakaua Avenue along Queen Kapi'olani Park and metered parking lots.
- Traffic lanes will not be coned for contraflow.
- All refuse transfer stations
- HI-5 bottle redemption centers
- Kekaha Landfill
- Puhi Metals Recycling Center
- Kapa'a, Waimea swimming pools
- Neighborhood centers
- Kalaheo Sunshine and Rice Street Farmers markets
- Kaua'i Bus will be on a modified schedule.
- Trash pickup as scheduled