Water Tips During Hurricane
Information From Board of Water Supply
UPDATED 4:19 AM HST Aug 07, 2009
- Stay tuned to news reports.
- During an electrical power outage keep water use to an absolute minimum. If electrical service has been disrupted, the outage will also affect BWS's pumps and equipment.
- Immediately begin water conservation measures. Use water sparingly. Water should be used for essentials: cooking, drinking and sanitation. Do not wash cars or water lawns.
- Turn off or disconnect any devices or fixtures that regularly draw water. Such devices include automatic icemakers and irrigation systems.
- Keep toilet flushing to a minimum.
Copyright 2012 by the U.S. Geological Survey’s Hawaiian Volcano Observatory all rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.