KAILUA, Hawaii - A threat was sent out to students at Kalaheo High School Tuesday.

A teacher, who wished to remain anonymous, told KITV4 that a JV basketball player was cut from the team and sent out a threat using the Remind App which the school and team uses for communication with parents.

At 7:30 a.m.Tuesday, the school messenger system sent out the initial message to parents. Following that, three more messages regarding the situation were sent to parents between 7:30 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. 

School administrators decided to sequester students into the cafeteria between 8 to 8:15 a.m. as they had an emergency meeting to decide what their emergency plan would be. No lockdown was in place. 

At 12 p.m., the school posted a letter to parents on their website and sent home a hard copy with kids. 

Laura Brock's daughter is a senior at Kalaheo High and told us she was frustrated because "it was terrible communication, that's where the anger starts to set in. I think if the communication had been handled properly, then the fear would not have set in to the children. Seeing the children upset is even more aggravating, just because it didn't have to be that way."

Police deemed there was no danger to students, but remained on campus all day as a safety precaution.