Recipe: Priscilla Luong's Chocolate Truffles
As seen on Good Morning Hawaii Weekend! Priscilla Luong's step-by-step instructions on how to make her Chocolate Rum Truffles.
As seen on Good Morning Hawaii Weekend! Priscilla Luong's step-by-step instructions on how to make her Chocolate Rum Truffles, just in time for Valentine's Day.
PRISCILLA’S CHOCOLATE RUM TRUFFLES
¾ cup Coconut Milk
10 oz. Chopped Bittersweet Chocolate
Rum (to taste)
Cornstarch (for dusting)
Cocoa Powder (for dusting)
1) On a stove over medium high heat—heat the coconut milk to a simmer (small bubbles, not bubbling vigorously).
2) In a heat safe bowl—pour the coconut milk over the chopped chocolate. Stir mixture until chocolate is melted. Add rum and mix thoroughly—I usually do about a tablespoon, just enough for a kick, but doesn’t compromise the look and texture of the truffle.
3) Cover chocolate and refrigerate for at least an hour (2-3 usually works for me!). This will form a ganache.
4) Once the ganache is ready, use a small scoop or melon baller to “scoop and roll” ganache into balls. Try to work quickly so the truffle doesn’t melt in your hands.
5) Roll truffles in thin layer of cornstarch, then finish off truffles with a layer of cocoa powder.
6) Enjoy! Truffles can be stored in an airtight container up to 2-weeks.