Quantcast

Hilo man loses finger due to accidental firework explosion - Honolulu, Hawaii news, sports & weather - KITV Channel 4

Hilo man loses finger due to accidental firework explosion

Posted: Updated:

A Hilo man in his 40s had one of his fingers blown off when an aerial firework exploded in his hand.

The call came in at 9:24 p.m. New Year's Eve. The victim was in the front yard of his home when firefighters arrived.

The accidental explosion left him without his right index finger.

Paramedics transported the victim to the hospital. There is no word whether the amputated finger was recovered.