List of roads closed on Maui due to heavy rains
A running list of road closures on the Valley Isle due to the heavy rain.
HONOLULU - A flash flood watch has been cancelled for Maui.
The following is a running list of road closures on the Valley Isle:
- Hana Highway 360 at mile marker 28 closed in the area of Nahiku due to fallen trees and downed utility lines
- Kaonoulu Road between Piilani Highway and South Kihei Road
- Officers are re-directing traffic on Waiale Road in the area of Haawi Street due to flooding on the roadway
- Waikoloa Road, Ulaino Road in Hana closed off Hana Highway
- Aleo Place in Kahului closed due to flooding
- Other flooding calls from Holua Drive, Pala Circle, Lalo Street, Hukilike Street and Kamehameha and Lono Avenues
Maui bus service has been suspended for all stops along Dairy Road and Kamehameha Avenue.
Maui County officials also say the following are closed::
- Central Maui Landfill due to flood-damaged roads within the landfill
- Waiehu Golf Course with 5-inches of rain reported and all the greens are flooded
- All recreational park facilities closed, including gymnasiums, pools, and fields. Community Centers remain open.
- Kahana Park due to flooding
- Kepaniwai Park closed due to flooding
County officials are also encouraging all hotels, resorts, and tour guide operators to discourage visitors from traveling to Hana while flash flood conditions remain.