10 new Biki stops to be installed from Downtown to Waikiki
Bikeshare Hawaii is installing 10 new Biki stops from Downtown Honolulu to Waikiki on Monday.
HONOLULU - Bikeshare Hawaii is installing 10 new Biki stops from Downtown Honolulu to Waikiki on Monday.
The new stops are as follows:
- Beretania and Punchbowl Streets near Department of Health
- Fort Street Mall at King Street
- Fort Street Mall at Queen Street
- Punchbowl Street near Queen Street
Kakaako/Ala Moana Area
- Pohukaina Street near UFC Gym
- Ward Village in front of Real Gastropub
- Ward Village near the former Sports Authority
- Kolowalu Park
- Beretania Street at Isenberg Street
- Kalakaua Avenue between Ohua and Paoakalani Avenues
With the new stops, there will be a total of 99 Biki Stops and 1,000 bikes from Chinatown/Downtown to Diamond Head.
Biki launched on June 28. More than 75,000 trips have been taken with daily trips in the 1,800 to 2,100 range. The most popular Biki Stops are located in Waikiki and Ala Moana/Kakaako.
Bikeshare Hawaii says none of the new locations take up parking spots.