The hospital is supposed to be a safe place, but one woman says it was anything but.
The woman said part of the ceiling at Wahiawa General came crashing down on her elderly mother.
Donna Moulton was shocked when she got a phone call from staff at Wahiawa General Hospital.
"They said that some ceiling tiles had fallen on mom," said Moulton.
Her 90-year-old mother, Sue, has been in the long-term care unit for two years after a stroke paralyzed her from the waist down.
Moulton arrived Tuesday morning to see the damage for herself.
"I looked at the ceiling and there was like a 4-foot gap in the ceiling right above her head and she was just lucky that it didn't kill her or she didn't have a heart attack because of it," Moulton said.
But the hospital's CEO said no one was hurt.
In fact, he claims that less than a square-foot of the soggy tile fell and it didn't land on Moulton's mom.
"They both told me that it didn't fall and hit her, it hit the edge of her bed and some debris of it splattered on her," said Don Olden, CEO of Wahiawa General Hospital.
Hospital officials said nurses immediately cleaned up the mess.
Moulton said this all could have been avoided.
She said she'd been complaining to nurses about water leaking through the ceiling for nearly two years.
"I asked them if they got it fixed and they said, 'Yes, we got it fixed.' And I said, 'Are you sure?' and they said, 'Yes, it's fixed,'" said Moulton.
The hospital said it has no record of those complaints.
"If it was and somebody didn't do something about it, we'll take action and make sure that we get notified more appropriately from now on but we don't think it's been a long time," said Olden.
Olden also said his staff found the source of the leak.
The water that soaked up that portion of the ceiling tile was coming from the shower in the room above it.
They say that problem was fixed Monday.
The hospital also relocated Moulton's mother away from the area.