- 50 booths promoting health awareness
- A Blood drive with the Bloodmobile on site
- City Ambulance walk-in and tour
- Blood pressure, cholesterol and glucose screenings
- Influenza vaccines
- A Health Information Resources workshop
- Free samples of nutritional items
- Door prizes for evaluation participation
- Zumba & yoga demonstrations
- Retina screenings performed by the Project Vision team
There also will be live entertainment provided by JABSOM students.
The John A. Burns School of Medicine, named for a visionary governor, was established in 1965 and has trained more than 4,500 medical doctors through its MD or residency program.
Half of Hawaii's practicing physicians are faculty or graduates of JABSOM or the UH JABSOM Hawaii Residency Programs. JABSOM also offers advanced degrees in Biosciences, Public Health, Communication Sciences and Disorders and trains medical technology professionals.