Federal, state, city and county government offices will be closed on Monday, May 27 in observance of Memorial Day.
All public libraries will be closed from Saturday, May 25 through Monday, May 27.
All post offices will be closed on Monday and there will be no mail delivery on that day.
Here's a look at more details for each island that released information:
- Emergency ambulance, fire, lifeguard and police services will be available as usual.
- Municipal golf courses, botanical gardens and the Honolulu Zoo will be open.
- Regular Monday refuse material collections will be made and landfills/transfer stations will be open.
- City buses will operate on a Sunday schedule. For more information, go to www.thebus.org
- The People’s Open Markets will not be held.
- The Blaisdell box office will be closed.
- All Satellite City Halls and Driver Licensing offices will be closed.
These traffic and parking regulations will be in effect:
- On-street parking will be free, except for the meters on Kalakaua Avenue along Kapiolani Park.
- Parking will be permitted in tow away zones as allowed on holidays.
- Traffic lanes will not be coned for contra flow.
- Motorists are reminded that parking in municipal lots with meters will not be free.
- All refuse transfer stations, the Kekaha Landfill, all HI-5 bottle redemption centers, Puhi Metals Recycling Center, and Kaua'i Resource Center will be closed.
- Since the Kapa'a and Waimea swimming pools are normally closed on Mondays, they will also be closed on Tuesday, May 28, in observance of the holiday.
- The Kaua'i Bus will be operating on a modified schedule on Memorial Day.
- Residential refuse pick-up will continue as scheduled.
- Normal business hours for county offices and services will resume on Tuesday, May 28.
- For more information about The Kaua'i Bus, please go to www.kauai.gov/transportation or call 246-8110. For more information about recycling, please go to www.kauai.gov/recycling or call 241-4841.