Waipahu Elementary cafeteria opened its doors Tuesday following a food poisoning outbreak in mid-December.
Forty students were hospitalized and the cafeteria was immediately closed after a batch of bad spaghetti was served.
On Tuesday, the Department of Education's school food service branch continued a series of training exercises to help kitchen staff learn how to properly prepare food.
"I walked around the cafeteria and (students) were all eating and they looked happy and hungry, too. I'm happy to see that," said Waipahu Elementary School Principal Gary Chun.
It was a far fry from the last time his lunch crew cooked for students.
"Hopefully it won't happen again because that's life-threatening right there for the kids," said parent Soso'o Tavai.
Tavai had three children at the school. She said after the incident, she considered alternative meals for her kids.
"If I can do lunch from home I'm cool with it," she said.
Chun said there's no need for homemade lunches. His staff is in the middle of three days of retraining on food preparation.
"I'm very happy they bonded together as a team and they're going to move forward and learn whatever is necessary to make sure that our students are safe and healthy and being well-fed, too," Chun said.
Tuesday's lunch was fish and rice. Spaghetti returns to the menu Jan. 15.