USS Arizona makes top U.S. Landmarks list
Bellagio Fountains, Machu Picchu top lists
TripAdvisor announced Tuesday the winners of its Travelers' Choice Attractions awards based on millions of valuable reviews and opinions from TripAdvisor travelers.
In its inaugural year, the awards honor 1,263 of the world’s top landmarks, parks, museums and amusement and water parks.
The USS Arizona Memorial at Pearl Harbor was picked as the 3rd top U.S. Landmark.
The Travelers' Choice Attractions awards were determined based on the quality and quantity of traveler reviews of attractions, featured on TripAdvisor, in each of the categories.
To inspire travelers setting out on summer trips, TripAdvisor has named the top attractions across the globe based on the valuable feedback from millions worldwide. These sights offer enriching and entertaining experiences for travelers of all ages. For the complete list of 2013 Travelers’ Choice Attractions winners, go to http://www.tripadvisor.com/TravelersChoice-Attractions.
Top 10 U.S. Landmarks
- Bellagio Fountains, Las Vegas, NV
- Gettysburg National Military Park, Gettysburg, PA
- USS Arizona Memorial, Honolulu, HI
- Top of the Rock Observation Deck, New York, NY
- Golden Gate Bridge, San Francisco, CA
- Cathedral of St. John the Baptist, Savannah, GA
- Vietnam Veterans Memorial, Washington, D.C.
- Broadway, New York, NY
- Cloud Gate, Chicago, IL
- Lincoln Memorial Reflecting Pool, Washington, D.C.
Top 10 World Landmarks
- Machu Picchu, Machu Picchu, Peru
- Angkor Wat, Siem Reap, Cambodia
- Taj Mahal, Agra, India
- Petra World Heritage Site, Wadi Musa, Jordan
- Bayon Temple, Siem Reap, Cambodia
- Great Cathedral and Mosque, Cordoba, Spain
- Church of Our Savior on Spilled Blood, St. Petersburg, Russia
- St. Peter's Basilica, Vatican City, Italy
- Ancient City Walls, Dubrovnik, Croatia
- Main Market Square (Rynek Glowny), Krakow, Poland
Click here to see photos of the top five U.S. Landmarks.