Transformer explodes in Downtown Honolulu
Oil splashed on one man; he was not injured
Honolulu fire officials say a transformer exploded in Downtown Honolulu Wednesday afternoon startling some who live and work in the area.
It happened at Century Square at 1188 Bishop Street.
Fire officials say a transformer malfunctioned and exploded. The blast did not cause more damage.
Oil splashed on one man, but he wasn't injured. The oil was not toxic nor environmentally hazardous, according to fire officials.
Copyright 2013 by KITV All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.