Three explosions shut down electricity to about 300 businesses and homes in the Kalihi Kai area Monday morning. It happened just off Puuhale Road around 10:30 a.m.
Click here to watch the report.
HECO sent out troubleshooters to check out the underground wires and the road was shut down for about an hour.
Workers at the nearby McDonalds and a solar company said power was going off and on all morning long.
"I heard three explosions, so I came out and I didn't see anything," said Kehau Faaumu, an employee at the solar company. "I decided to come out and I saw on the third one – on top of the power pole – sparks came out."
Power has since been restored. The outage was caused by a faulty underground cable that HECO troubleshooters repaired.