New charges against duo accused of club assault
Miske's attorney: Filing of assault 6 months after the fact makes it suspect
Michael Miske and John Stancil appeared before a judge on Tuesday and entered not guilty pleas over an incident that allegedly took place last December.
According to police reports, the men attacked a 40-year-old man just before 4 a.m. at an undisclosed location, and when a woman tried to stop them, she was also assaulted.
Miske's attorney says the recent filing of the alleged attack makes it suspect.
"For six months, no action was taken on it and here we are six months later and he's being falsely accused or identified of something he did not do," said Miske's attorney Thomas Otake.
Earlier this year, Miske and Stancil were also accused of attacking an NFL football player at the M Nightclub in January. The brawl left Trent Williams, with the Washington Redskins, unable to play in the Pro Bowl.
Otake feels that highly public case is just part of the reason the two men are now being charged with assault and criminal property damage.
"We have reason to believe the complainant in this case is financially motivated and anxious to take advantage of Mr. Miske's business holdings and pending legal matters," said Otake.
Bail was set for each man, but, as part of the release, neither is allowed to have any contact with the complainants in the case.
Copyright 2013 by KITV All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.