TripAdvisor announced on Tuesday the winners of its Travelers' Choice awards for beaches.
Lanikai Beach in Kailua topped the U.S. list. It also took #8 in the world beaches list.
Hawaii took 10 spots in the list of best U.S. beaches list out of 25 beaches. Out of the 10 Hawaii beaches, four of them are on Maui, followed by three for Oahu, two for Kauai and one on the Big Island.
"For those fed up with the long cold winter, there's really no better cure than an escape to one of these award-winning beaches," said Barbara Messing, chief marketing officer for TripAdvisor. "Even if you can’t go to one of these stunning beaches soon, just looking at the photos will take you away for a moment, until you can plan a trip."
Travelers' Choice Beaches Award-winners were determined based on the quality and quantity of traveler reviews and ratings for beaches on TripAdvisor gathered over a 12-month period.
Top 10 Beaches in the U.S.:
1. Lanikai Beach, Kailua, Oahu, Hawaii
2. Ka’anapali Beach, Lahaina, Maui, Hawaii
3. Siesta Key Public Beach, Siesta Key, Florida
4. Hanalei Beach, Hanalei, Kauai, Hawaii
5. Wai'anapanapa State Park, Hana, Maui, Hawaii
6. Wailea Beach, Wailea, Maui, Hawaii
7. Hunting Island State Park, Beaufort, South Carolina
8. Manini'owali Beach (Kua Bay), Kailua-Kona, Island of Hawaii, Hawaii
9. Saint Pete Beach, Saint Pete Beach, Florida
10. Hanauma Bay Nature Preserve, Honolulu, Oahu, Hawaii