Investigators opened an arson case after neighbors heard an explosion at a vacant home near Enchanted Lake.
Fire crews responded to a fire alarm at a house on Kupau Street around 10:30 p.m. Friday night.
Neighbors smelled a strong odor of gasoline and heard a load explosion before they say a flash fire engulfed the home. They say the fire burnt out quickly before fire crews arrived.
Police say a man in his 20s ignited the fire. So far, no arrests have been made. Damage to the property is $54, 000.