Veterans Day is a federal, state, city and county holiday. Government offices on each level will be closed. Post offices, most banks and state libraries will be closed. There will also be no mail delivery.
Here's more information from each county:
- Emergency ambulance, fire, lifeguard and police services will be available.
- Municipal golf courses, the zoo and botanical gardens will be open.
- Regular refuse collections will be made and landfills/transfer stations will be open.
- TheBus will operate on a Sunday schedule. (For information, go to www.thebus.org.
or call 848-5555.)
- The People’s Open Markets will not be held.
- Neal Blaisdell Box office will be closed.
- Satellite City Halls and Driver License Offices will be closed.
- Traffic lanes will not be coned.
- On-street parking will be free, except for meters on Kalakaua Avenue along Kapiolani Park.
In observance of Veteran’s Day, the County of Kauai offices will be closed on Monday, Nov. 12, along with Puhi Metals Recycling Center.
The refuse transfer stations, Kekaha Landfill, and the Kauai Resource Center will be closed on Sunday, Nov. 11 in observance of the holiday.
The Kauai Bus will be operating on a modified schedule on Monday, Nov. 12.
Due to staggered scheduling and the fact that it is normally closed on Mondays, the Kapa'a swimming pool will be closed from Sunday, Nov. 11 to Tuesday, Nov. 13, and will reopen on Wednesday, Nov. 14.
The Waimea swimming pool will be closed on Sunday, Nov. 11 in observance of Veteran’s Day and also on Monday, Nov. 12, when it is normally closed.