Veterans Day is a federal, state, city and county holiday. Government offices on each level will be closed. Post offices, most banks and state libraries will be closed. There will also be no mail delivery.
Here's more information from each county:
- Emergency ambulance, fire, lifeguard and police services will be available.
- Municipal golf courses, the zoo and botanical gardens will be open.
- Regular refuse collections will be made and landfills/transfer stations will be open.
- TheBus will operate on a Sunday schedule. (For information, go to www.thebus.org.
or call 848-5555.)
- The People’s Open Markets will not be held.
- Neal Blaisdell Box office will be closed.
- Satellite City Halls and Driver License Offices will be closed.
- Traffic lanes will not be coned.
- On-street parking will be free, except for meters on Kalakaua Avenue along Kapiolani Park.
In observance of Veteran’s Day, the County of Kauai offices will be closed on Monday, Nov. 12, along with Puhi Metals Recycling Center.
The refuse transfer stations, Kekaha Landfill, and the Kauai Resource Center will be closed on Sunday, Nov. 11 in observance of the holiday.
The Kauai Bus will be operating on a modified schedule on Monday, Nov. 12.
Due to staggered scheduling and the fact that it is normally closed on Mondays, the Kapa'a swimming pool will be closed from Sunday, Nov. 11 to Tuesday, Nov. 13, and will reopen on Wednesday, Nov. 14.
The Waimea swimming pool will be closed on Sunday, Nov. 11 in observance of Veteran’s Day and also on Monday, Nov. 12, when it is normally closed.
All HI-5 bottle redemption centers will be open as scheduled, and residential refuse pick-up will also continue as scheduled.
Normal business hours for county offices and services will resume on Tuesday, Nov. 13, except for the Kapa'a swimming pool.
The annual Veterans Day parade will be held in Kapa'a town on Saturday, Nov. 10 starting at 10 a.m. from Panihi Road to Kapa'a Beach Park.
To accommodate the event, Kuhio Highway, from Kipuni Way to Lehua Street, will be closed from 9:30 a.m. until the conclusion of the parade. During the closure, traffic will be diverted to the Kapa‘a Bypass Road.
Officers will be manning the closures and directing traffic flow.
Normal contra-flow on Kuhio Highway will not be affected.
Motorists should expect traffic delays.
For more information on the parade, contact the Kauai Veterans Center at 246-1135.