Here's a look at what's closed on Thanksgiving Day Nov. 22.
- Federal, state, city and county offices
- Post offices; no mail delivery
- Public libraries
- Most banks
The following is a breakdown of what's open and closed by county:
- Municipal golf courses, the zoo and botanical gardens will be open.
- Regular refuse collections will be made and landfills/transfer stations will be open.
- TheBus will operate on a Sunday schedule. (For information, go to www.thebus.org
- or call 848-5555.)
- The People’s Open Markets will not be held.
- Neal Blaisdell Box office will be closed.
- Satellite City Halls and Driver License Offices will be closed.
- Traffic lanes will not be coned.
- On-street parking will be free, except for meters on Kalakaua Avenue along Kapiolani Park.
- All refuse transfer stations, the Kekaha Landfill, Puhi Metals Recycling Center, and the Kauai Resource Center will be closed.
- The Kapaa and Waimea swimming pools and all HI-5 redemption centers will also be closed on Thanksgiving Day.
- The Kauai Bus will not be operating on Thanksgiving Day.
- Residential refuse pickup will continue as scheduled.