What's open & closed on New Year's Day
All federal, state, city and county offices will be closed on New Year's Day. There will be no mail picked up and all post offices will be closed. State libraries will also be closed.
The following is a list of closures by island:
- City buses will operate on a Sunday schedule. Handi-Van service will operate on its weekend schedule.
- The Neal Blaisdell box office will be open for the "Wicked" performance.
- The Ala Wai, Ted Makalena, and Ewa Villages golf courses will be open on New Years Day from 7 - 11 a.m. for 18-hole play and 11 a.m. - 1 p.m. for 9-hole play. Kahuku Golf Course will be open from 7 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Pali and West Loch golf courses will be closed.
- The People's Open Markets will be closed.
- Refuse will not be collected and transfer stations, convenience centers and the landfill will be closed.
- All satellite city halls and driver licensing offices will be closed.
- The Botanical gardens will be closed.
- Honolulu Zoo will be closed.
- On-street parking will be free, except for the meters on Kalakaua Avenue along Kapiolani Park.
- Parking will be permitted in tow-away zones where it is allowed on state holidays.
- All refuse transfer stations, the Kekaha Landfill, Kauai Resource Center, and Puhi Metals Recycling Center will be closed.
- The Wailua Golf Course, Kapaa and Waimea swimming pools, and all HI-5 bottle redemption centers will also be closed.
- The Kauai Bus will not be in operation.
- Refuse collection will continue as scheduled.
Copyright 2012 by KITV All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.