State, city and county government offices will be closed on Tuesday, March 26 in observance of Prince Kuhio Kalanianaole Day, a state holiday.
The following is a list of more holiday information from some of the islands:
- Emergency ambulance, fire, lifeguard and police services will be available.
- Refuse will be collected. The landfills and transfer stations will be open.
- Municipal golf courses, botanical gardens and the Honolulu Zoo will be open.
- City buses will operate on a state holiday schedule. (For route and schedule information, go to www.thebus.org )
- The People’s Open Markets will not be held
- The Blaisdell Center box office will be closed.
- All Satellite City Halls and Driver Licensing Offices will be closed.
- Traffic lanes will not be coned.
- All refuse transfer stations, the Kekaha Landfill, Kauai Resource Center, and Kapa'a and Waimea swimming pools, will be closed.
- The Kaua'i Bus will be operating on a modified schedule.
- Puhi Metals Recycling Center will be open.
- All HI-5 bottle redemption centers with the exception of the Kaua'i Resource Center will maintain regular hours throughout the week.
- Residential refuse pickup will continue as scheduled.
- For more information about the Kaua'i Bus, please log on to the county website, www.kauai.gov, or call 246-8110 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For more information about recycling and waste disposal, please log on to the county website or call 241-4837.