Federal, state, and city & county government offices will be closed on Labor Day. Post offices are closed and there will be no mail delivery. Most banks are also closed.
- Emergency ambulance, fire, lifeguard and police services will be available.
- Municipal golf courses, the zoo and botanical gardens will be open.
- Regular refuse collections will be made and landfills/transfer stations will be open.
- TheBus will operate on a Sunday schedule. (For information, go to www.thebus.org.)
- The People’s Open Markets will not be held.
- Neal Blaisdell Box office will be closed.
- Satellite City Halls and Driver License Offices will be closed.
- Traffic lanes will not be coned.
- On-street parking will be free, except for meters on Kalakaua Avenue along Kapiolani Park.
- All refuse transfer stations, Kekaha Landfill, Puhi Metals Recycling Center, Kauai Resource Center, and all HI-5 redemption centers will be closed.
- The Kapaa and Waimea swimming pools are normally closed on Mondays. The pools will reopen on Wednesday, Sept. 5.
- Residential refuse pickup will continue as scheduled.
- The Kauai Bus will be operating on a modified schedule on Sept. 3.