What's open and closed for Statehood Day
All state and city and county offices across Hawaii will observe Statehood Day on Friday, Aug. 17. All state public libraries will also be closed.
The following is more of what's open and closed on Statehood Day:
- Emergency ambulance, fire, lifeguard and police services will be available.
- Municipal golf courses, the zoo and botanical gardens will be open.
- Regular Friday refuse collections will be made and landfills/transfer stations will be open.
- TheBus will operate on its state holiday schedule. (For route and schedule information, go to www.thebus.org, or call 848-5555.)
- The People’s Open Markets will not be held.
- Neal Blaisdell Box office will be closed.
- Satellite City Halls will be closed.
- Traffic lanes will not be coned.
- On-street parking will be free, except for meters on Kalakaua Avenue along Kapiolani Park.
- All refuse transfer stations, the Kekaha Landfill, and Kauai Resource Center will be closed.
- Kapaa and Waimea swimming pools will be closed.
- Puhi Metals Recycling Center will remain open, as well as the HI-5 bottle redemption centers that are normally open on Fridays with the exception of the Kauai Resource Center.
- Residential refuse pickup will continue as scheduled.
- The Kauai Bus will be operating on a modified schedule.
Copyright 2012 by KITV All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.