Unattended candle sparks fire at Kahala yoga store
Fire officials: foam mat, wooden floor scorched
Honolulu fire officials say an unattended candle was the cause of a fire at store at Kahala Mall early Monday morning.
It happened at the Core Power Yoga at around 1:30 a.m.
A security guard reported seeing light smoke coming from a vent near the store.
Upon arrival, firefighters reported seeing flames visible inside.
Fire officials say the candle was on a foam mat. The candle burned down to the foam mat and the mat caught on fire. The wooden floor under the mat was also burned.
The heat also cracked a mirror.
Fire crews extinguished the flames just before 2 a.m. No one was injured.
Damage is estimated at $1,000.
The mall was open for normal operations.
Copyright 2012 by KITV All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.