State to close some beaches, parks early on New Year's Eve
The state Department of Land and Natural Resources will be closing some beaches and parks early on Oahu and the Big Island on New Year's Eve.
The following is a list and the times the places will be closing on Dec. 31:
- Pu'u Ualaka'a (Round Top) State Wayside
- Wa'ahilo Ridge State Recreation Area (St. Louis Heights)
The parks will resume normal hours on Tuesday, Jan. 1, 2013, opening at 7 a.m. and closing at 6:45 p.m.
- Hapuna Beach State Recreation Area, including the Waialea Bay section
- Kekaha Kai State Park, including the Manini'owali (Kua Bay) and Mahaiula sections
- Kiholo State Park Reserve
Normal park hours will resume on Tuesday, Jan. 1, 2013 as follows: Kekaha Kai State Park - 9 a.m. to 7 p.m., Hapuna Beach State Recreation Area - 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Kiholo State Park Re serve 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
"We are closing the park early to discourage use of fireworks, which is prohibited in state parks, and to protect the public and natural resources of the area," said DLNR Chairperson, William J. Aila, Jr.
Copyright 2012 by KITV All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.