A fire at an apartment in Hawaii Kai caused moderate damage, according to fire officials.
Honolulu fire crews responded to the home on Kaumakani Street at around 1 a.m. Friday.
The fire was in a studio apartment attached to a house.
Flames were confined to a bedroom and it was quickly controlled.
Fire officials said the blaze was caused by unattended smoking material that ignited the bedroom mattress.
Damage is estimated at $15,000.
One person lived in the studio apartment but was not home when the fire occurred.