Honolulu fire investigators say some ventilation equipment connected to the spray paint area of an auto body shop caught fire Friday morning in Aiea.
Hazmat crews were called just before 9 a.m. to the Central Body and Paint over concerns about toxic chemicals or paint that could ignite.
Fire officials say the flames were put out quickly.
"It's fortunate that nothing was burned beyond the equipment," said Capt. Terry Seelig of the Honolulu Fire Department. "It has some flame and heat damage and will have to be repaired. But, no extension to any other equipment or any of the inventory."
The business remains open. No one was injured in the fire.