Part of the Ewa Beach Shopping Center was evacuated, along with several buildings on the edge of Ewa Beach Elementary School, due to a propane leak Tuesday afternoon, according to fire officials.
An odor of gas was reported coming from the shopping center near Papipi Road. There are two large propane tanks behind Longs Drugs.
Fire officials said there was a leak coming from somewhere in the line that feeds out of the tank.
Fire crews isolated the perimeter shortly before 1 p.m.
The Department of Education said children at the nearby elementary school were moved to a different part of the campus.
By 2 p.m., the leak was repaired, according to fire officials. There was an intermittent leak of propane due to a faulty hydrostatic valve that was part of the transfer line between the tanks.