8 Oahu state parks switching to fall, winter hours
The state Department of Land and Natural Resources says eight parks on Oahu is switching to fall and winter hours.
The following Oahu state parks are affected:
- Ka Iwi Scenic Shoreline including Makapu'u lighthouse, Honolulu
- Kahana Beach Park (beach area, not Kahana Valley State Park)
- Keaiwa Heiau State Recreation Area, 'Aiea
- Malaekahana State Recreation Area, Kahuku
- Pu'u 'Ualaka'a State Wayside, Makiki
- Sand Island State Recreation Area, Honolulu
- Wa'ahila Ridge State Recreation Area, Honolulu
- Wahiawa Freshwater State Recreation Area, Wahiawa
The parks will open each day at 7 a.m. and close by 6:45 p.m. During the summer months, the parks close an hour later.
Copyright 2013 by KITV All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.