700 Campbell students evacuated due to release of flammable gas
Source of gas was bunsen burners left on
About 700 students at Campbell High School evacuated a building on campus Friday morning after there was a release of synthetic natural gas, which is flammable, according to fire officials.
Fire crews were called to the scene just after 8:30 a.m.
The gas release was in a building with science classrooms. School maintenance staff shut off the valve for the gas.
Fire officials say the gas was confined to one room. Everyone was let back into the building just before 9:30 a.m.
Fire crews and the Gas Company say they did not find a break in the pipe or a leaky pipe. It appears the source of gas was bunsen burners that were left on.
Copyright 2013 by KITV All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.