KITV and Hawaii Red Style
Governor's Fashion Awards Giveaway
1. GENERAL: No purchase necessary. MAKING A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local regulations.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The KITV and Hawaii Red Style Governor’s Fashion Awards Giveaway (“Contest”) is offered only to legal U.S. residents who are 18 years old or older at the time of entry. Limit one winner per household. Limit one winner per immediate family. Contest is offered only to Hawaii residents who reside within the Honolulu Designated Market Area (“DMA”) as determined by Nielsen Media Research Services. Employees of KITV, Hearst Television Inc., Hearst Stations Inc., The Hearst Corporation, Hawaii Red, Internet Broadcasting Systems and each of their parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, representatives, and agents, and their officers, directors, and employees (collectively, “Contest Entities”), members of their immediate families, and the members of the same households of such individuals are not eligible. The term “immediate families” includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children, in-laws, and grandchildren. No groups, clubs, or organizations may participate in this Contest or reproduce or distribute any portion of these Official Rules to their members. Proof of age, identity, and eligibility must be furnished to Sponsors upon request. All entry form information must be complete and accurate. Sponsors will not award a prize to anyone not meeting eligibility requirements at the time of entry. Sponsors reserve the right to disqualify any entrant if these Official Rules are not followed. Internet access is required in order to enter the Contest.
3. HOW TO ENTER: By entering, you agree to comply with all applicable law and these Official Rules, and you agree to abide by all decisions of the Sponsors. The Contest entry period begins on October 9, 2013 at 6:20 A.M., and ends at 5 P.M. on Tuesday October 28, 2013. (“Entry Period”). All times in these rules refer to Hawaii Time.
To enter, go to www.kitv.com to the contest page and follow the instructions to access, complete, and submit an online entry form. To be eligible, entries must be received during the Contest Entry Period.
Sponsors may not verify receipt of entries. Entries become property of Sponsors and will not be returned. Limit one entry per person per day per email address. Incomplete and additional entries beyond the entry limit are void. Sponsors are not responsible for entries that are lost, late, misdirected, incomplete, incomprehensible, illegible, damaged, undeliverable or delayed. Photocopied and mechanically generated entries that are detected as such are void. Entries generated by any automated means and detected as such are void. In the event of a dispute, electronic entries and other entries requiring the identification of an email address will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address at the time of the entry. The authorized account holder is the person to whom the applicable internet service provider or other organization (such as a business or educational institution) has assigned the e-mail address. An online entrant must have a valid e-mail address, and it is entrant’s responsibility to notify and update Sponsors of any change in e-mail address.
4. HOW TO WIN: One (1) Winner will be randomly selected on Tuesday October 29, 2013, or as soon as practicable thereafter.
Selected Winner(s) will be notified either by phone, email, and/or mail. Winner must respond to such notification, by contacting the Contest coordinator as described in the notification, within twenty-four (24) hours after the notification is sent by Sponsors, or the Winner will be subject to disqualification, in which case the Prize will be forfeited, and an alternate Winner will be randomly selected from among the remaining eligible entries, time permitting, in Sponsors’ sole discretion. Winners may be required to sign and return appropriate forms and/or documentation, including, without limitation, any documents necessary to transfer to Sponsors any intellectual property rights (e.g., copyright, trademark, etc.) in the entry materials, an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release and/or where legally permissible a Publicity Release prior to receipt of Prize. Failure to sign and return such forms within the requisite timeframe may result in disqualification of the Winner and forfeiture of the Prize.
Sponsors are not responsible for incomplete, incomprehensible, illegible, or out-of-service contact information.
5. PUBLICITY RELEASE: Except where prohibited, entry in the Contest constitutes each entrant’s consent for Sponsors to use, publish, reproduce and distribute for any purpose, including publicity, promotion and advertising, in any media (including without limitation, print, Internet, television, radio, and offline), each Winner’s name, city, photograph, likeness, biographical information, voice, or image, each in perpetuity without further compensation, credit, or right of review or approval.
6. PRIZES: One (1) Prize will be offered during the Contest. Prize is Two tickets to the Governor’s Fashion Awards at The Modern Honolulu. Approximate total retail value of the Prize is Three Hundred ($300) Dollars.
All charges, fees, and costs not specifically included in the Prize descriptions above, including but not limited to personal incidental items, transportation, parking, taxes, souvenirs, gratuities, and licenses, are the responsibility of the respective Prize Winner(s) and guest.
Prize must be claimed at the Modern Honolulu no later than 5:30 P.M. on Wednesday October 30, 2013. If Prize is not claimed by 5:30 P.M. on Wednesday October 30, 2013, it will be forfeited. To claim Prize, Winner(s) must provide valid government-issued photo identification, acceptable to KITV and Hawaii Red in its sole discretion. Prize is non-transferable and admission tickets must be used on Wednesday October 30, 2013. No cash redemption or Prize substitution allowed by Prize Winner(s). Sponsors reserve the right to substitute a Prize of equal or greater value in the sole discretion of Sponsors if the Prize or any component thereof is unavailable for any reason.
7. ODDS: Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received during the Entry Period.
8 . TERMS AND CONDITIONS; LIMITATION OF LIABILITY:
Participants are responsible for complying with all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and with these Official Rules, and by entering, participants agree to be bound to these Official Rules. Any attempt by an entrant or other party to tamper with the proper administration of the Contest will disqualify the entrant and may result in civil or criminal action against the entrant or other party and may result in the discontinuation, suspension, or cancellation of the Contest. WINNERS AND ENTRANTS AGREE, EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, TO RELEASE AND DISCHARGE, HOLD HARMLESS AND INDEMNIFY THE CONTEST ENTITIES, AND ALL OTHERS ASSOCIATED WITH THE DEVELOPMENT AND EXECUTION OF THIS CONTEST, FROM ANY AND ALL TAX LIABILITY THAT MAY BE IMPOSED OR ASSOCIATED WITH RECEIPT OR USE OF THE PRIZES, AND FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, ACTIONS, PROCEEDINGS, AND LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES, EXPENSES, FEES, INJURY OR LOSSES (INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH OR PROPERTY DAMAGE) SUSTAINED IN CONNECTION WITH THE RECEIPT, OWNERSHIP, OR USE OF THE PRIZE OR WHILE TRAVELING TO, PREPARING FOR, OR PARTICIPATING IN ANY CONTEST-RELATED OR PRIZE-RELATED ACTIVITY. Sponsors are not responsible for any printing, typographical, mechanical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Contest or in the announcement of the Prize. Winner’s guest(s), if applicable, may be required to execute a liability and publicity release prior to the Winner’s receipt of the Prize. Sponsors retain the discretion to make all decisions regarding the interpretation and application of these Official Rules. All decisions of Sponsors are final and discretionary. In the event the selected Winner(s) of the Prize are/is ineligible or refuse(s) the Prize or, if the selected Winner fails to timely claim the Prize, the Prize will be forfeited and Sponsors, in their sole discretion, may randomly select an alternate Winner from remaining entries (time permitting), or may elect not to award such Prize to an alternate Winner, where permitted. For prizes valued at $600 or greater, Winner must provide his or her Social Security Number for tax purposes. Prizes may be considered income, and any and all taxes associated with Prizes are the responsibility of the Winner(s).
9. FORCE MAJEURE, DISCLAIMER/INTERNET:
If the Contest is not capable of running as planned for any reason, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, and unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, acts of God, war, terrorism, government regulation, disaster, fire, strikes, civil disorder, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsors which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity of the Contest, the Sponsors reserve the right in their discretion to disqualify any individual it believes has tampered with the entry process, and/or cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest and to select Winner(s) from eligible entries received as of the termination date. Sponsors may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Contest if they determine that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception or other unfair playing practices or intending to abuse, threaten or harass other entrants. Caution: Any attempt by a participant to deliberately damage any Web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsors reserve the right to seek damages from any such participant to the fullest extent of the law. The Contest Entities (i) assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in acquisition, operation or transmission of, communications line failure relating to, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; (ii) are not responsible for any problems relating to human error or technical malfunction of any communications network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or communications service provider, computer or other equipment, hardware, software, failure of any entry information to be received by the Sponsor on account of technical problems, or traffic congestion any communications system, on the Internet or at any website, or (iii) any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to the participant’s or any other person’s computer or other device related to or resulting from participation or downloading of any materials in this Contest. SPONSORS MAKE NO WARRANTY, GUARANTEE, OR REPRESENTATION OF ANY KIND CONCERNING ANY PRIZE, AND SPONSORS SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIM ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, WARRANTY OF FITNESS, AND ANY OTHER IMPLIED WARRANTY.
10. ARBITRATION/CHOICE OF LAW: Except where prohibited, entrants agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest shall be resolved exclusively by arbitration pursuant to the Rules of the American Arbitration Association then effective, and, in the event arbitration is prohibited, any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes shall be resolved exclusively in the courts of Hawaii in Honolulu County. In any event, forum and venue for any dispute, claim, or cause of action shall be exclusively in Honolulu County, Hawaii. Any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred by entrant with regard to this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees, punitive, incidental, consequential or other damages. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrants and Sponsors in connection with the Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Hawaii, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of Hawaii or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Hawaii. All participants and Winners agree, by their participation in the Contest, to submit to arbitration in Hawaii in Honolulu County, unless prohibited in which case to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts of Hawaii in Honolulu County. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the invalidity or unenforceability of any other provision so long as the general intent of these Official Rules remains in effect. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these Official Rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
11. OFFICIAL RULES AND LIST OF WINNERS: To receive a copy of these Official Rules, visit www.kitv.com or send a self-addressed stamped envelope to The KITV and Hawaii Red Governor’s Fashion Awards Giveaway Rules, KITV 801 S. King St. Honolulu, HI 96813. Rules requests must be received by Monday October 28, 2013 These Official Rules supersede all other published editions. Sponsors reserve the right to change, alter, or amend these Official Rules as necessary, in their sole discretion, to ensure the fair administration of the Contest or to comply with applicable law. For a list of the Winners’ names, send a self-addressed stamped envelope within sixty (60) days of the drawing to KITV, The KITV and Hawaii Red Style Governor’s Fashion Awards Giveaway Winner’s List, at the address listed above.
KITV, One Archer Lane, 801 South King Street, Honolulu, HI 96813, Hawaii Red 3270 Waialae Ave. Honolulu, HI 96816.