A surprise shopping trip for an Iowa man turned into a day he and his wife will never forget.
David and Roxanne Troutman went shopping at Homemakers so Roxanne could buy David a reclining chair for the Super Bowl.
"I got inside the doors and I got really dizzy so I just stopped," said David Troutman.
Things got worse as David started having trouble breathing and was losing color in his skin.
Roxanne did not know what to do.
"Shaking -- not knowing which way to go," said Roxanne.
A short time later, David had stopped breathing. Two shoppers and Homemakers employees stepped in to help.
A man in an ISU sweatshirt started chest compressions while nurse Stacey Bockes, still in her scrubs, was handed a portable automated external defibrillator or AED by a Homemakers worker.
"I hooked him up and we shocked him and started compressions again and he woke up and was alert. For a while there, it was scary. He was not looking good," said Bockes. "God puts you in places for a reason and I think we were all there for a reason."
Homemakers said this was the first time they have used their AED.