As of March 31, 7,861 individuals and employees enrolled into health plans through the Hawai'i Health Connector, according to officials with the health exchange.
The Connector will continue to help individuals and families to continue through the enrollment process if they started an application or filled out a "wait in line" form by March 31.
"We are pleased that thousands found coverage options through the Connector," said Tom Matsuda, the Connector's interim executive director. "But our work is not done. We have many more individuals who started, but need additional help to complete their enrollment. We are aggressively doing outreach to help them understand their options."
The Connector's customer support center staff is making more than 1,000 calls per day to reach out to consumers who have started, but have not completed, the enrollment process.
Based on the combined effort of the state's Medicaid Program and the Connector, from October 2013 to February 2014, the state Medicaid program has processed, approved, and enrolled more than 28,800 Medicaid eligible people.
All told, when combined with the Connector enrollments, more than 36,000 individuals have received coverage.
"The Connector congratulates and thanks the Department of Human Services and the MedQuest program for its success in enrolling so many people who need help,” said Matsuda.
Matsuda will be in Washington, D.C. on Thursday testifying before a Joint Subcommittee on Economic Growth, Job Creation and Regulatory Affairs. The hearing will be on the problems at state health exchanges. The hearing will be livestreamed on the web at around 4 a.m. Hawaii time at oversight.house.gov.
Totals since October 1, 2013:
- 24,176 Applications completed in the Individual Marketplace
- 7,596 QHP Enrollments in the Individual Marketplace
- 1,280 attestation forms filled out
- 544 Employers applied to SHOP Marketplace
- 265 QHP Enrollments from the SHOP Marketplace
- 31 Community Partners statewide
- 133 Certified K?kua or In-Person Assisters
- 40 Certified K?kua or Certified Application Counselors (CACs)
- 258,116 Unique Visitors to HawaiiHealthConnector.com
- 93,488 Calls received by our Customer Support Center