The Hawaii State Department of Health Adult Mental Health Division says it is conducting a series of community focus group meetings to solicit input from communities and stakeholders statewide about services for adults with severe and persistent mental illness.
Information gathered at the meetings will be used for developing plans for 2013 and beyond. The meetings are open to the public and will be held in every county from Jan. 9 through Feb. 20, 2013.
"Gathering input from community members about the mental health system in each county plays a critical role in the state’s planning process for improving services," said Health Director Loretta J. Fuddy. "These sessions offer an important venue for the public to provide their thoughts and insights about mental health services where they live and work. We invite and encourage all community members to participate in these focus groups."
Schedule of statewide meetings
- Maui (Wailuku), Jan. 9, 2013, 10 – 11:30 a.m., Cameron Center Auditorium, 95 Mahalani St., Wailuku, HI 96793
- Hawaii (Hilo), Jan. 16, 2013, 10 – 11:30 a.m., Environmental Health Building Conference Room, 1582 Kamehameha Ave., Hilo 96720
- Oahu (Honolulu), Jan. 25, 2013, 9:30 – 11:30 a.m., Lanakila Health Center Conference Room, 1700 Lanakila Ave., Honolulu, HI 96817
- Hawaii (Kona), Jan. 28, 2013, 10 – 11:30 a.m., West Hawaii Civic Center Conference Room, 75-5044 Ane Keohokalole, Kailua-Kona, HI 96740
- Oahu (Leeward), Jan. 29, 2013, 2 – 3:30 p.m., Waipahu Aloha Clubhouse Conference Room, 94-091 Waipio Pt. Access Rd., Waipahu, HI 96797
- Kauai (Lihue), Jan. 31, 2013, 2 – 3:30 p.m., Kauai District Health Office Conference Room, 3040 Umi St., Lihue, HI 96766
- Lanai, Feb. 15, 2013, 10 – 11:30 a.m., Hale Kupono O Lanai Elderly Conference Room, Lanai City, HI 96763 (Tentative)
- Molokai, Feb. 20, 2013, 10 – 11:30 a.m., Office of Hawaiian Affairs Conference Room, Kulana Oiwi Complex, Bldg. D., 600 Maunaloa Hwy., Kalamaula, HI 96748
Registration is not required. If accommodations for hearing or visual impairments are requested, please contact Ms. Judith Clarke at the Adult Mental Health Division (808) 586-4686.