What are the benefits of installing turf?
Turfgrass cools and cleans the atmosphere, releases oxygen, stores carbon, breaks down other harmful pollutants, enriches the soil, helps minimize dust, provides substantial erosion control, helps ground water recharge and minimizes storm water runoff.
What varieties do you offer?
Hawaiian Turfgrass carries several varieties of grasses that homeowners can select from. Something unique to our business is the TifGrand® Bermuda variety. TifGrand® is the world’s first Bermudagrass scientifically developed to produce a superior turf cover in full sun and to thrive in as little as five hours of direct sunlight per day. TifGrand® has a natural dark-green color even at lower fertility, promising to make it a very environmentally friendly grass. TifGrand® can be mowed very low, relatively high, or somewhere in-between, making it one of the most versatile options for everyone under the sun. TifGrand® Bermuda is also a “Certified Grass” meaning it is inspected and certified by the State of Hawaii Department of Agricultural for genetic purity and no weeds.
Hawaiian Turfgrass also carries St. Augustine and El Toro Zoysia turf varieties which are very popular grasses for residential landscapes. El Toro Zoysia is a dense, medium-textured, medium green colored, highly durable turf grass that uses a deep root system, has good drought tolerance, and does best in full sun. We also have St. Augustine which is a broad leaf shade tolerant grass, coarse texture, is light green, and is a excellent choice for lawns with limited sunlight.
What are the benefits of purchasing turf grass grown in plastic?
Benefits of buying our sod is that you are buying a QUALITY product! Roots are the most important part of any plant. Our Zoysia grasses, Bermuda grasses, St. Augustine grasses are grown here in Mililani on plastic to keep the roots intact. We use a soil-less medium made from 100% recycled green waste compost. This growing method ensures our customers receive the highest quality sod in Hawaii.
• TifGrand® Bermuda is the world’s first and only sterile triploid Bermuda grass for shade! It thrives in 60% to 70% shade with superior quality in full sun. This attractive, dense turf, with dark green blade is available in Hawaii Only from Hawaiian Turfgrass.
• El Toro Zoysia is a dense, medium-textured, medium green colored, and highly durable turf grass that uses a deep root system and has good drought tolerance. El Toro Zoysia does best in full sun.
• St. Augustine is light green, coarse texture, stiff, wide blades and stems. It is shallow rooted and is very low maintenance. St. Augustine tolerates a range of soils and climates and can be used in sun or shaded areas.
• Regular Mondo grass, forms tufts or clumps of dark green, needle-like foliage. The leaves are 6-10 inches long. The species spreads rapidly by underground stolons, forming a thick carpet. It is often used to cover large, shady areas.
• Dwarf Mondo grass, has dark green, closely cropped foliage with leaves about 1-3 inches long. The tufts are much smaller and tighter than those of common mondo, and they spread more slowly. Dwarf Mondo has no blooms, grows best in full shade, and does not tolerate poorly drained or waterlogged soils. It is excellent for borders or between stepping stones and areas where stability and low maintenance is desirable.
TURF, SOD, GRASS
Would you like to continue watching?INFORMATIONASK A QUESTIONEXTRAS
Would you like to send this section to a friend?EMAIL TO A FRIENDDISCLAIMER
This KITV's section does not endorse any advertiser, nor is KITV's section responsible for any information provided in the response that you receive from the advertiser.