County official are urging Anahola residents who live near the Anohola Bridge and Kikoo Loop to move to higher ground because of major flooding.
Public safety officials urged people to stay off the roads and away from streams and low-lying areas because of hazardous weather conditions. Hazardous road conditions have been reported, especially on roads on the north and east areas of the island.
In the Kapa?a and Wailua areas:
- Kamalu Road in the vicinity of Wailua Homesteads Park is closed due to flooding.
- Olohena Road in the vicinity of the bridge is closed due to flooding. The bridge is located west of Kapa?a Middle School.
- K?hi'? Highway in the vicinity of mile marker 22.5 is closed due to a failed culvert. Northbound traffic is being diverted to Kolo Road, while southbound traffic is being redirected to Pili Road.
- Mile marker 24.5 in the vicinity of the Kalihiwai Bridge
- Mile marker 14 in Anahola
- K?hi?? Highway in the vicinity of Mailihuna Road
- K?hi?? Highway in the vicinity of the Kaiakea fire station
- K?hi?? Highway in the vicinity of the Coconut Marketplace and at both ends of Papaloa Road has major flooding across the entire roadway
- K?hi?? Highway in the vicinity of the Wailua Golf Course
- Rice Street in the vicinity of the Anchor Cove Shopping Center.
A flash flood warning remains in effect for the north, east and south areas of Kaua'i at least until 2:45 p.m. due to the continuing rains. West Kaua'i is in a flash flood watch.
A high surf warning is in effect for the east shores of Kaua'i, while a high surf advisory has been posted for the north and west shores of the island.
For up-to-date information on the weather, please go to the National Weather Service website.