- Ala Moana Boulevard from Atkinson Drive to Ward Avenue will be detoured from 12:30 a.m. to 7:30 a.m.
- H-1 Freeway in both directions from the Waialae Avenue off-ramp/22nd Avenue to Ainakoa Avenue. H-1 traffic will be detoured from 3:30 a.m. until 1:00 p.m.
- Kalakaua Avenue will be detoured onto left onto Paoakalani Avenue from 8:30 a.m.
- Kalakaua Avenue mauka side (i.e., towards the mountains) between Monsarrat Avenue and Poni Moi Road from 4:30 a.m. until the Marathon is over. The makai lanes will be contra-flowed for two-way traffic at about 9:00 a.m. Limited to resident traffic only and must enter via Kapahulu Avenue.
- Monsarrat Avenue from Kalakaua Avenue to Paki Avenue from 4:30 a.m. until event over (Limited to tour buses). No Parking - Tow-Away Zone, both sides of Monsarrat Avenue from Kalakaua to Paki Avenues.
- Paki Avenue from Monsarrat Avenue to Kalakaua Avenue from 4:30 a.m. for the duration of the Marathon. Local Traffic Only - access to Diamond Head Tennis Courts from 9:00 a.m.
- Diamond Head Road, Kahala and Kealaolu Avenues will be controlled by police when the volume of runners would interfere with the safe movement of vehicles and runners. "Local Traffic Only," "Race in Progress," and "Proceed When Directed" signs will be posted.
- 18th Avenue from Diamond Head Road to Kilauea Avenue until runners clear the area. Traffic will be detoured at Diamond Head Road and Makapuu Avenue. Local Traffic Only access to Diamond Head Crater only will be restricted to FAA and National Guard personnel only.
- Kilauea Avenue from 18th Avenue to Waialae Avenue, all eastbound lanes will be closed at 4:00 a.m. until runners clear the area. Westbound lanes will be contra-flowed to permit two-way traffic. Expect a slow down! Vehicular traffic exiting the lower Kahala area must cross Kilauea Avenue at Hunakai Street. Expect delays until 11:00 a.m.
- Kalanianaole Highway from Ainakoa Street to Hawaii Kai Drive makai side (i.e., toward the ocean) will be closed from 4:00 a.m. The mauka side of the highway will be contra-flowed for two-way traffic.
- Hawaii Kai Drive makai lanes from Kalanianaole Highway to Keahole Street from about 4:00 a.m. until the area is clear. The mauka side lanes will be contra-flowed for two-way traffic. Expect slow downs!
- Kalanianaole Highway will be closed to through traffic from Hawaii Kai Drive to Keahole Street from about 4:00 a.m. until the area is clear. Traffic will be detoured onto Hawaii Kai Drive via Kawaihae to Lunalilo Home Road. Boat ramp traffic must enter from the Koko Head end.
- Keahole Street makai bound lanes from about 4:00 a.m. until the area is clear. Traffic will be contra-flowed in the mauka bound lanes for two-way flow. Entrance and exit from the Hawaii Kai Shopping Center, COSTCO, etc. will be permitted. Expect slow downs!
- Kealaolu Avenue from Waialae Avenue to Kahala Avenue from the time the first runner reaches the area until the area is clear. Local Traffic may be permitted - only by direction of officers - at Aukai Avenue. Entry and exit by Aukai only - ALL OTHER roadways will be closed and vehicular traffic will be turned around.
- Kahala Towers, Kahala Mandarin Oriental Hotel, and Waialae Country Club traffic will be permitted via Aukai Avenue and Pueo Street when safe to do so.
Honolulu Marathon Road Closures
Courtesy Honolulu Marathon AssociationUPDATED 11:58 PM HST Dec 09, 2009Recommended